Richland County Solid Waste will accept any type of cell phone at no cost to the general public.
ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY TIPS:
*RECYCLE IT! – at Mid-Ohio Electronics Collection Facility or at any Cell Phone
Store listed below.
*DONATE IT! – to a non-profit organization or schools for a fund raiser.
*RETURN IT! – to the store where you purchased it from or send it to the company that produced it.
*REUSE IT! – give your old cell phone to your kids, family members or friends.
NATIONAL CELL PHONE RECYCLING PROGRAMS
• MOTOROLA- Accepts all brands for free.
• NOKIA-Accepts all brands for free.
• NATIONAL COALITION AGAINST DOMESTIC VIOLENCE-Donation of cell phone
• CALL TO PROTECT
• VERIZON WIRELESS-Accepts phones at Verizon stores.
• AT&T WIRELESS-Accepts phones at AT & T store.
• T-MOBILE WIRELESS-Accepts phones in stores and by mail.
• SPRINT WIRELESS-Accepts phones in stores and by mail (recycling proceeds go to charity).
FACTS ABOUT CELL PHONES
√ 100 Million Cell Phones become obsolete because of upgrade and damage every year.
√ The average life span of a cell phone is 18 months.
√ Cell phones in working condition can be donated to people with disabilities, shelters for battered women, schools or non-profit organizations.
√ Only 10 Percent of Cell Phones were recycled in 2007.
√ The average American owns three or more cell phones per person.